From Manchester to Moscow, United’s famous red shirt is known the world over. United’s classic red shirt has seen it’s fair share of glory over the last 50 years. From last minute winners in the European Cup final to famous victories over Liverpool in the FA Cup and Titanic struggles with Arsenal and Chelsea in the league. United can never be accused of be boring!
- Manchester United 1968 European Cup Final Football Shirt
- Manchester United 1968 European Cup Final Football Shirt. Not a colour you associate with Manchester Utd. This is the one and only 1968 European Cup Winning shirt as worn by the golden boy George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton and the rest.George Best wore number 7 and Bobby number 9. George won the European Player of the year on the back of his cup winning dispaly in this match, his stamina and skills were the pivotal factor as the game went into extra time. Manchester United became the first English 'Champions of Europe'. This classic shirt is long sleeved and made from 100% knitted cotton.
Many of United’s most memorable victories have been won wearing there 2nd and 3rd choice shirts. United were the first English team to win the European Cup and wore an all blue kit in the 1968 final at Wembley. Mark Hughes scored twice in the 1991 European Cup Winners Cup final against Barcelona wearing United’s white away shirt.
- Manchester United Retro Champions League Final Shirt 1999
- Manchester United Retro Champions League Final Shirt 1999Losing 1-0 going into injury time in the 1999 UEFA Champions League Final in Barcelona, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjær scored late goals to claim a dramatic victory over Bayern Munich, in what is considered one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time.To commemorate this 'once in a lifetime' achievement, UNITED DIRECT are proud to present this official Retro shirt.Features include: Embroidered crest The words "Camp Nou, Champions League, The Final 1999" embroidered on left chest Machine washable Fabric: Polyester
United can boost the best club record in the FA Cup winning the trophy eleven times; Famous victories against Liverpool in ’77 (denying Liverpool the treble) and again in ’96 when Cantona scored in the last minutes. In 1994 United beat Chelsea 4 – 0 and became only the 4th club in history to do the ‘double’.
- Manchester United 1958 FA Cup Final Retro Football Shirt
- Manchester United 1958 FA Cup Final Retro Football Shirt. Manchester United captured the hearts of the nation by reaching the final in the aftermath of the Munich air crash. A year earlier, Busby's Babes had tried in vain to become the first team of the century to achieve the League and FA Cup double and their return trip to Wembley saw the whole of Britain cheering United on. But Bolton proved too strong, as did their desire not to be overwhelmed by public opinion in the same manner which dictated their previous cup final appearance in 1953 when Blackpool scored twice in the last few minutes to secure the match 4-2. This classic shirt is short sleeved and made from 100% knitted cotton. THE BADGE ON THIS SHIRT IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK ® OF MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL.
In 1999 United secured their place in history by becoming the first and so far only English club to do the ‘Treble’ (FA Cup, League Champions & European Cup). In the Nou Camp stadium Barcelona, United were trailing Bayern Munich 1 nil with less than two minutes of normal time remaining. United won a corner deep into stoppage time and TV commentator Clive Tyldesley famously said: “Can Manchester United score? They always score!” His prophetic words were made memorable as United goal keeper Peter Schmeichel raced the length of the pitch in a last gasp effort to force an equaliser. Schmeichel’s presence in the Bayern box cause panic which allowed Sheringham time to scuff home a low drive into the bottom corner of Oliver Kahns net. A minute later Solskjær stuck out a boot and diverted a David Beckham corner into the top right of the net winning the match for United.